“I see a lot of beauty in the things I find dark and scary” -Brooke Shaden
Great pictures taken during night time with beautiful city lights or fireworks are very interesting. But trying a night photography on your own is quite challenging. Correct camera settings are needed in order to create a good one. Proper aperture, shutter speed and high ISO is a must. This was never been easy and requires lot of patience and merely practice specially for first timers.
Just sharing some of my first attempts and a not so good night photos.
Here are some points I learned in my night photography trial and error.
- Pressing the shutter button with a camera shake always cause a blurry output.
- Having an improper shutter speed and ISO can lead to a long exposure time response.
- Look for a better view with a good night lights.
- Capture everything you want until you got a better one.
- Lessen your expectations at your first attempts.
- Always have a good subject and keep your focus on it.
- Have patience, dedication and more time for practice.
- Just relax and enjoy capturing photos.